At North Coast Eye Care, we are pleased to offer a wide range of optometry services for our community! Our experienced optometrists can provide you with thorough eye evaluations, determine if you need corrective lenses and your exact prescription strength, fit you with the appropriate specialty eyewear, and help you pick out the most flattering pair of glasses for your face shape and skin tone.
Our new patient appointments always begin with a comprehensive eye exam. If you are unsure of your family’s eye health history, it’s helpful to research beforehand, so we can better evaluate your own eye health. Visit our online patient center to download supplemental forms you can fill out before your appointment. If you have never had a comprehensive exam, don’t worry! All the tests and exercises are simple and painless.
Comprehensive eye exams may include:
- Testing visual acuity or refractive error
- Pupil evaluation with or without dilation
- Examination of peripheral visual field
- Color vision testing
- Analysis of the visual systems
- Examination of the external parts of the eye
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the health of the entire eye
Our experienced optometrists can diagnose and treat eye diseases and identify general eye health problems including diabetes, anemia, high blood pressure, and others. We can also test for and fit specialty eyewear for sports, occupations, other activities and hobbies, and safety glasses.
Our Optometric Services:
- Computer assisted eye exams
- Contact lens fittings of all types
- Frame styling to compliment your lifestyle
- Outside prescriptions welcome
- Co-management for laser and cataract surgeries
- Diabetic eye care
- Glaucoma treatment and management
- Macular degeneration screenings
- Treatment of infection, pink eye, allergies, injuries, etc…
We can answer your questions about optometry services, our eye care practice, eye health products, and more.
Schedule your eye exam today by requesting an appointment online, or by calling our office.
Facilities and Equipment
We have the latest technology to assist in taking care of your eyes.
- In-Office Laboratory
- Large selection of frames
- Most contact lenses in-stock
- Visual Field Computer
- OCT (Ocular Coherence Tomographer)
OCT scanThe Zeiss OCT allows for early detection of glaucoma damage to the nerve fiber layer or optic nerve of the eye. It is the goal of this diagnostic test to discriminate among patients with normal intraocular pressures (IOP) who have glaucoma, patients with elevated IOP who have glaucoma and patients with elevated IOP who do not have glaucoma. Retinal tomography is also a valuable tool for the evaluation and treatment of patients with retinal disease, especially certain macular abnormalities. It details the microscopic anatomy of the retina and the vitro-retinal surface. It is useful to measure the effectiveness of therapy and in determining need for ongoing therapy, or the safety of cessation of that therapy.
EyeGlass Guide will help you better understand the many lens choices available to you. This on-line tool will guide you through a series of questions about you, your lifestyle and your specific eyewear needs. At the end, you’ll receive eyewear suggestions specifically tailored to meet your needs. EyeGlass Guide brought to you by Transitions®